How to use your beach umbrella
1. Make sure the lower pole is secured at least 35cm deep in the sand.
2. To angle the canopy, hold on to the upper pole before unlocking the hinge. To unlock the hinge, turn the dial anti-clockwise as far as possible. The correct position is shown below.
Let the upper pole rotate to the desired position. It is recommended to not exceed an angle of 45 degrees. Always try to tilt the umbrella into the wind as this will minimise the chance of it lifting out of the sand.
3. To lock the hinge, rotate the dial clockwise until the vertical grip is parallel to the lower pole. The correct position is shown below.
The Basil Hinge should feel easy to lock and unlock. If jammed, do not force the hinge to close as it may cause damage.
4. Taking an umbrella to the beach is your responsibility. In windy or gusty conditions we recommend lowering the umbrella to prevent any risk of it flying away.
Download a copy of the Beach Umbrella_Instructions.
How to use your Go Large umbrella
- To install your umbrella, lie the canopy half down horizontally on a stable surface. Take lower pole and gently screw into the upper half of the umbrella, ensuring that the threads line up. In case of any resistance, stop, and add some lubricant to the pole. Once assembled, place umbrella into the base. DO NOT try to screw the umbrella halves together in a vertical position.
- Do not leave umbrella open when unattended.
- Umbrella should be closed in windy and/or adverse weather conditions.
- Always secure your umbrella to an appropriate base.
- If using a mobile base, ensure enough weight is applied to the base e.g. sand bags or weight bags, taking into account the weather conditions.
- Any modifications to your umbrella may invalidate the warranty.
- Hose frame with water periodically, more frequently if you live in a salty or industrial environment.
- The canopy can be washed with warm soapy water to remove marks.
- Do not used bleach based detergents to clean the canopy.
- Make sure umbrella is dry and clean prior to storing away for extended periods of time to prevent mould from developing.
- Be careful when closing the umbrella to ensure that the canopy does not get caught or“pinched”by the umbrella arms.This is particularly important before storing the umbrella away for extended periods of time or if the umbrella is to be laid horizontally for storage. Damage to the fabric caused by “pinching” is not covered by warranty.
- Inspect the installation fitting/base on a regular basis and tighten as necessary.